Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ugly Duckling Painting



an ugly duckling 1
oil on canvas
90*120 cm

an ugly duckling 2
oil on canvas
90*120 cm

What is the social acceptance?
Is it just the similarity?

Ugly duckling is the example of social unacceptance
by just looking from the outside without knowing the identify from inside.



          I'd got an inspiration after I'd finished reading an ugly duckling storytelling written by Hans Christian Andersen, a famous Danish writer. I appreciated his talent and his patience life. I also thought of myself that once my life used to be as an ugly duckling. My family wanted me to study about math or science major and they didn't want me to study art because they believed that art can not make money!!! Dam! How hard it is to choose what I want! However, I always believe that the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Two years I've proofed myself to my family from study fine art at Pohchang Academy of Arts, bkk in Thailand. I worked hard but had fun and happy on my way too. Luckily, I'd won the second best from Art Tree season 2, a Thai art reality TV contest. It's a big change for my life. I'd a chance to show my paintings with 16 artists from Art Tree. So, I chose my ugly duckling paintings to present in this exhibition named Human Beings. My concept is just wanna ask two questions to the society; "What is the social acceptance? Is it just the similarity?" Ugly duckling is the example of social unacceptance by just looking from the outside without knowing the identify from inside. 

My art work had been shown at V64 gallery in Bangkok, Thailand.

Mr. Chalermchai Kositpipat , a Thai national artist came to open Human beings exhibition  and took a photo with artists from Art tree, an art TV reality contest in Thailand.

Human beings exhibition poster


Moreover, I had a chance to be interviewed from ThaiPBS news. I was so glad to present my painting and tell them about my experiences. You can take a look from this link to see the news about this exhibition. http://youtu.be/wAko7xhjb70

"Keep painting and enjoy life!", I talked to myself  after finished the exhibition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment